Hello Mr. McIntosh,
During the programming sequence, I beleive before you cycle the keys, you must press the programming button once. Have you done that?
In any case, try doing a Master Reset before you do the programming. The Master Reset is as follows:
1. Remove all conncetors from the module.
2. Press & Hold the programming button and insert the four-pin connector.
3. The LEDs will alternate colors and release the programming button when the LED is Red.
4. When the LED is Red, Press & Hold the programming button again and the LEDs will alternate colors.
5. Release the programming button when the LEDs alternate colors at any point, then diconnect the four-pin connector.
Try this before programming. If you want to flash the module to a different firmware, it is recommended to the Master Reset after flashing and before progamming at the vehicle.